Strawberry and Chia Seed Yoghurt with Spiced Granola
Serves: makes 3-4 glasses of chia seed yoghurt & enough granola for 6-8 glasses
Prep time: 10 mins (plus 1-2 hours to soak chia seeds)
Cook time: 15mins
Chia Seed Mix
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1¼ cup milk (almond, rice, oat milk etc)
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup natural yoghurt, dairy or plant-based
- 2 scoops of Red Shot
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- maple syrup to taste
- extra fresh berries to serve
- 1½ cup jumbo oats
- ½ cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped (we like walnuts, almonds and cashews)
- ½ cup threaded coconut
- 1 tbsp each pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp each cardamon & nutmeg
- ¾ tsp each cinnamon & ginger
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160° Celsius (bake).
- Combine all dry granola ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil & maple syrup or honey together in a saucepan on a low heat until combined.
- Take off the heat. Add to the dry mixture and stir until well coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread out the granola into a thin layer.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Chia Mix & Strawberry Puree
- Pour the chia seeds into a jar.
- Add the milk, maple syrup or honey and vanilla and shake the jar to mix together.
- Stir in the yoghurt.
- Cover and soak 1-2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Puree the strawberries and Red Shot together with the maple syrup (using a blender or stick blender). If using frozen berries, let them defrost a little to help with blending.
- When ready to serve, spoon the chia seed mix into glasses, alternating with spoonfuls of the strawberry puree.
- Top with granola and extra fresh berries if desired, and enjoy!
The Double Shot combines the energy boost of boysenberries and blackcurrants with the micro-nutrients and proven health benefits of green plant food.
30 sachets of Double Shot powder. The Double Shot is the ultimate combination of red and green superfoods, and contains the equivalent of 4 servings of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.
100% New Zealand Whole Blackcurrant & Boysenberry Powder. Antioxidants, immunity support + reduces fatigue + protects against free radical damage.