Buckwheat Porridge with Berries, Banana & Maple
Prep time: 10 mins, plus soaking time
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp bran flakes
- 2½ cups milk (or coconut, almond, oat milk etc.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 scoops Red Shot
- 2 bananas
- Maple syrup to pour over
- Place the buckwheat into a strainer, rinse under cold water then tip into a bowl and add the rolled oats and bran flakes.
- Add your chosen milk, vanilla, and cinnamon, and mix together.
- Cover and leave in the fridge to soak for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook the porridge, pour the soaked mixture into a saucepan and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally for 12-15 mins until it reaches your desired consistency and tenderness.
- While the buckwheat is cooking, prepare the berries by crushing ½ of them lightly with a fork and sprinkling over the Red Shot.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Spoon the cooked porridge into 3-4 bowls.
- Spoon over the berry mixture, top with the remaining whole berries & banana slices. Pour over the maple syrup.
- Serve immediately.
The Double Shot combines the energy boost of boysenberries and blackcurrants with the micro-nutrients and proven health benefits of green plant food.
30 sachets of Double Shot powder. The Double Shot is the ultimate combination of red and green superfoods, and contains the equivalent of 4 servings of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.
100% New Zealand Whole Blackcurrant & Boysenberry Powder. Antioxidants, immunity support + reduces fatigue + protects against free radical damage.