Tex Mex Stuffed Kumara
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 50-60 mins
GF, V and able to make VG
- 4-5 medium kūmara
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 garlic, crushed
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 300g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup cooked mixed beans, strained
- Salt and pepper
- ½ scoop Double Shot
- 1 cup grated cheese (substitute for vegan cheese if making vegan)
- Sour cream & avocado to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180deg.
- Rub the kūmara with a little olive oil and place in a roasting dish.
- Pierce the skin in several places with a fork. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes until tender all the way through when poked with a skewer.
- While the kūmara is cooking, prepare the filling by heating the remaining oil in a frypan. Saute the onion, garlic, red pepper, and cumin on low heat until softened.
- Add the tomato puree, jalapeno, corn, and beans and simmer until thickened, around 20 minutes. Check the seasoning before adding the Double Shot.
- Cut the kūmara down the middle, but not all the way through, and scoop out some of the kūmara to create a space to add the filling.
- Spoon in the filling and top with the grated cheese. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve topped with chunks of avocado and/or sour cream.
- Dig in!
The Double Shot combines the energy boost of boysenberries and blackcurrants with the micro-nutrients and proven health benefits of green plant food.
30 sachets of Double Shot powder. The Double Shot is the ultimate combination of red and green superfoods, and contains the equivalent of 4 servings of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.
100% New Zealand Whole Blackcurrant & Boysenberry Powder. Antioxidants, immunity support + reduces fatigue + protects against free radical damage.