Mushroom, Leek and Zucchini Tarte Tatin
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 zucchini
- 6 button mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Double Shot
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting the leek and zucchini into 2cm pieces and trimming the mushroom stalks
- Cut a circle of puff pastry 2cm bigger than the pan you are using (we used an 18cm pan)
- Heat the oven-proof frypan over medium heat and melt the butter and balsamic vinegar
- Sauté the vegetables on both sides for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned and take off the heat
- Pack the vegetables in quite tightly as they shrink a little after cooking. Sprinkle over the Double Shot and season
- Lay the circle of puff pastry over the vegetables and tuck down the side of the pan
- Bake 200°C for 20 minutes until golden and puffed and the pastry is cooked through
- Remove from the oven and carefully tip out onto a serving plate
- Using the same pan make the glaze by adding the butter, balsamic & honey and stir to combine
- Simmer for a 1-2 minutes until thickened
- Pour over the tarte tatin and serve.
The Double Shot is a combination of leafy greens and red berries for a daily nutritional boost to help you feel your best.
A convenient pack containing 30 individual sachets of Double Shot. The Double Shot is a combination of leafy greens and red berries for a daily nutritional boost to help you feel your best.
100% New Zealand whole blackcurrant and boysenberry powder containing vitamin C to help you feel your best.