Chocolate Beetroot Cake
- 80gm cooked beetroot
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3c cocoa
- 4 scoops Red Shot
- 100gm butter
- 100gm dark chocolate, chopped
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/3c flour
- 1 ½ t soda
- 1 1/2c milk
- Berries to decorate
- Extra chocolate to decorate
- 200gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 175ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 160deg.
- Line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper and oil spray.
- Place beetroot into a food processor and blitz until pureed.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together and stir until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients to the beetroot and pulse to combine.
- Lastly, add the melted butter and chocolate and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 50- 60 mins until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Set aside to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the ganache by heating the cream until boiling point.
- Take off the heat and pour over the chocolate and leave to sit for 5 mins to warm the chocolate through.
- Whisk until smooth and leave on the bench to cool until it reaches a spreading consistency.
- Remove the cooled cake from the tin and place onto a serving plate and spread over the ganache.
- Decorate as desired and serve at room temperature.
Note: this recipe also works well for individual cakes.
The Double Shot combines the energy boost of boysenberries and blackcurrants with the micro-nutrients and proven health benefits of green plant food.
30 sachets of Double Shot powder. The Double Shot is the ultimate combination of red and green superfoods, and contains the equivalent of 4 servings of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.
100% New Zealand Whole Blackcurrant & Boysenberry Powder. Antioxidants, immunity support + reduces fatigue + protects against free radical damage.