Beetroot Falafel with Lemon Tahini Dressing and Lebanese Tabouleh
- 300 g beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ cup white chickpeas
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Salt, for taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 x scoops DOUBLE SHOT
- Chopped spring onion
- Tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3-4 lemons juiced
- ¾ - 1 cup bulghur soaked
- 5-6 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- TAHINI DRESSING
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 3 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a blender add beetroot, boiled or canned chickpeas, ginger, paprika, parsley, cumin, sesame seeds, mint and some olive oil and blend and Double Shot all together
- 2. Put beetroot mixture aside, make sure the consistency is as smooth as is possible
- 3. Incorporate the bread crumbs into the beetroot mixture and leave for around 10 minutes
- 4. Roll Falafel mixture into golf sized balls, flatten them slightly
- 5. In a pan, heat some oil to fry the falafel
- 6. Allow the beetroot falafel to cook, assuring each side is golden in colour. Place 2-3 in one pan at a time
- 7. Remove from pan and rest on paper towel so excess oil can drain
- 8. Serve with salad, or in a Pita – however desired
- 1. Soak bulghur in hot water for 10-15 minutes and drain
- 2. Combine bulghur, olive oil, lemon, cumin, and salt and let stand for 20-30 mins
- 3. Chop all other vegetables
- 4. Add remaining ingredients and mix
- 5. Serve sprinkled with more fresh mint
- 1. In a small bowl whisk, all ingredients together
- 2. If consistency is not runny enough add more water until it is drizzleable
Nutrient Rescue is 8 powerful New Zealand grown nutrient-dense superfoods, taken in a single shot every day. So you can improve your nutrition fast, simply and affordably. We’ve done 99.999% of the prep for you, now it’s up to you to do the rest.
✓ 30 days supply of Double Shot.
✓ Free Starter Kit – including shaker, shaker ball, scoop, purple tin and fridge magnet to remind you to shot daily*. That’s $19.50 worth of value for free.
What is the cost?
All you pay for is one pouch of Double Shot - $69.41
We give you the rest for free to help you succeed.
If you tick Auto-renew when you buy then you’ll get everything for only $69.41, and we’ll make sure you get your supply of Double Shot delivered to your door every month. You can pause, skip and cancel your subscription at any time.
*A free Starter Kit is supplied if this is your first time purchasing from Nutrient Rescue.