7 handy tips to help you enjoy the festive season while getting your 5+ a day.
It’s that wonderful time of year again – Christmas! A time to eat, drink and be merry! Although Christmas is a time where it can be easy to overindulge in treats, it is still possible to maintain a healthy balanced diet during this time. While festive foods can add enjoyment, having too much of it can be detrimental to our health and overall wellbeing.
To help you out and keep you on track with your health and wellness this festive season, we’ve come up with 7 handy tips to help you get your fruits and veges in while enjoying your festive season!
- 1. Enjoy organic locally grown food at your festive feast. The fresher your produce is the more nutrient-dense it will be, and the more positive the effects.
- 2. Strategically pair foods to maximise your nutrient absorption. Although this tip sounds a little bit over the top, trust us, its simpler than you think! To see the best results and maximise iron absorption from leafy greens such as Kale in summer salads, ensure there is a good serving of Vitamin C to go with it through other fruits and veggies such as citrus fruits, plums, and broccoli!
- 3. Choose your indulgences wisely. Instead of wasting calories on foods that lack nutrients and that you could enjoy at any other time of the year, pick items that are truly special and unique to the season. Your grandmother’s candied yams or your daughter’s first batch of Christmas cookies are a good example.
- 4. Eat foods that contain fat-soluble Vitamins A, D, E and K with dietary fats which help with their absorption. Try pairing Kumara with Avocado, Eggs with Olive Oil and Mushrooms with Coconut Oil.
- 5. Find sneaky ways to add an extra dose of nutrients to your favourite festive meals. You could create a Red Shot berry sauce to go with your Pavlova, whip up our favourite Green Shot salsa verde to be used as a dressing for salads, or add a new tradition to the mix such as these delicious mini berry cheesecakes!
- 6. Choose your seat wisely around the Christmas table. This one might sound a little silly but hear us out! We all know how easy it is to give in to peer pressure, especially when it’s your loving Aunt asking you to have a little more of your favourite childhood bread that she makes especially for you at Christmas! Instead, strategically position yourself next to other health-conscious eaters to help you resist the urge to overindulge.
- 7. Ensure you are eating healthy and well-timed snacks. Don’t rush off to the mall empty handed or on an empty stomach, as you're more likely to end up succumbing to the pull of the food court placed conveniently next to all the shops you were planning to go to! Around Christmas time we love to meal prep a few healthy snacks to have on hand in our refrigerator that are still delicious and leave us feeling satisfied. Our favourites are these delicious Double Shot oat and cranberry cookies and this delectable raw vegan raspberry, coconut and chocolate slice.
There you have it. 7 of our favourite tips and hacks to ensure you are keeping your health and wellbeing journey in check this festive season all while living it up large. Don’t forget one of the easiest ways to supplement your daily fruit and veg intake is with a Double Shot. 1 scoop of Double Shot gives you 4 of your 5+ a day. What could be simpler and more convenient than that.
Nutrient Rescue is 8 powerful New Zealand grown nutrient-dense superfoods, taken in a single shot every day. So you can improve your nutrition fast, simply and affordably. We’ve done 99.999% of the prep for you, now it’s up to you to do the rest.
✓ 30 days supply of Double Shot.
✓ Free Starter Kit – including shaker, shaker ball, scoop, purple tin and fridge magnet to remind you to shot daily*. That’s $19.50 worth of value for free.
What is the cost?
All you pay for is one pouch of Double Shot - $69.41
We give you the rest for free to help you succeed.
If you tick Auto-renew when you buy then you’ll get everything for only $69.41, and we’ll make sure you get your supply of Double Shot delivered to your door every month. You can pause, skip and cancel your subscription at any time.
*A free Starter Kit is supplied if this is your first time purchasing from Nutrient Rescue.